PEQ (Programme de l’expérience de Québécoise)
The Programme de l’expérience québécoise (PEQ – Québec experience program) has been described as one of the most attractive ways to immigrate to Canada for years.
PEQ is an accelerated program for selecting individuals who have either studied or worked in Quebec. The program allows applicants to obtain a Certificat de sélection du Québec with a view to gaining permanent residence.
This program is designed for Québec graduates and temporary foreign workers who hold a skilled job and who can demonstrate the advanced intermediate knowledge of oral French.
As mentioned above, there are two streams of applicants may apply:
1. Quebec Graduate Stream
Eligible diplomas including the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- DEC (diploma of college studies, technical training)
- DEP (Diploma of vocational schools) attesting to minimum 1800 hours of study
2. Temporary Worker Stream
- Paid full-time skilled jobs practiced legally are eligible under the PEQ
- A skilled job in levels 0, A or B, under the National Occupational Classification
- A full-time job implies a minimum of 30 hours of paid work per week.
- Part-time work and self-employed worker are not eligible
Demonstration of French Knowledge includes completion of certified French program or applicable tests.